The life of a FABULOUS fat girl and her struggle with PCOS, Diabetes, IC and Pudendal Neuralgia and her journey through weight loss surgery.

Monday, February 8, 2010

Good Day

Today was a good day overall. The hubby and I went grocery shopping, then had breakfast with a good friend. Afterwards he dropped me off at home to rest and he went to a poker tournament. This afternoon we went to my other bestie's house for her annual Super Bowl party. We had such a nice time.
Because of her crazy hectic life, between work, three kids, running a barn and teaching riding lessons, I'm lucky to get a return text sometimes. Lol! But being there with her and her family put things into perspective for me.
I only need the people around me who are a good influence. Not that I give into peer pressure but I need friends with similar values as me. The people that value not only themselves but their friends and relationships.
We had a pretty in depth conversation about marriage/relationships and how much work they are. But the hard work is well worth it in the end. The end result is the best grand prize ever.
I know that regardless of what happens, some people cannot make a marriage work and that people make mistakes and I can respect those that admit their faults. The ones I cannot respect are the people who think marriage is disposable and like to play games with it. That goes against the vows I said in front of God, the reverend and my husband.
Marriage isn't about what kind of house you kive in or what kind of car you drive, it's about the relationship you have with your spouse and the example you set for your children. Right now as much as I would LOVE to have a baby, I'm almost glad we have some time to sort through this whole marriage thing.
I still get the little flutter in my tummy when someone asks my last name and I remember I have a new one or I refer to myself as Mrs. It took a LONG time to get here and we've been through more than people in their lifetimes have gone through but we made it. And I want people around who think the same way.
I know no one is perfect and I will love them regardless but the friends I have recently separated myself from were not good for me. They played life as if it were a game and in their sick minds they made us all pawns in the game. I don't play well in those type of games. I don't enjoy watching people get hurt. That hurts me. Yes, I'm a little more sensitive then most and as my hubby and other bestie pointed out half joking/half serious that I tend to find or look for the best in people almost to a fault.
They're right of course. I open my heart too quickly at times and have a hard time closing it on some at times. That's why I'm glad my hubby will step in when need be to protect me.
That's what marriage is about. Holding each other's hands and supporting each other. Friendship is the same way. I know I'm not a perfect friend by any means but I try my best daily to be. I may take awhile to return a text or have to cancel last minute when I'm not feeling well, but keep in mind as disappointed as you may be that I had to cancel, I'm doubly disappointed. That's why when I can I push myself whenever possible.
Wheb I go back to work it may be harder to do things or get together but I will try my best. And that goes not only for friends but my own husband.
I fear all the time he may just one day and turn to me and say, "I just can't do this". But as he points out to me when I voice my concerns, our vows said for better OR worse. He knows there may be a week where I can go go go and the next I'm no good but he works with me.
That's what friendship and relationships are all about. The work you put into it. The payoff is like the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow...

1 comment:

musiclover said...

Me too. Way to sensitive for my own good. It's usually where things go wrong for me. I'm glad you had a great day. I hope they continue....