The life of a FABULOUS fat girl and her struggle with PCOS, Diabetes, IC and Pudendal Neuralgia and her journey through weight loss surgery.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Concerts

I was talking with a friend today about concerts that I have been to. I've been to some great ones, like Garth Brook's last tour, and I saw Elton John perform with Billy Joel in the dueling pianos show. I have even seen my childhood crushes- New Kids on the Block on four occasions. I've seen Tim McGraw, Kenny Chesney and the Dixie Chicks multiple times each. Madonna was the WORST show I have ever been to. I would NEVER waste my money on her again. I've seen Bon Jovi, Creed, Ozzy Osbourne, Carrie Underwood, Janet Jackson, Gretchen Wilson, Big & Rich, Dierks Bentley, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilara, Mariah Carey, Boys 2 Men, 98 Degrees, NSync, Ricky Martin, Chicago with Earth Wind and Fire, Sugarland, Poison and Warrant. I have pretty eclectic taste in music.
The boyfriend teases me because now that New Kids are back on tour, I would LOVE to go see them again. I'd probably see off my right arm to go. I didn't get to see them on the last go around in October 2008, but mark my words, I WILL get there. No matter what it takes. I just take solace in the fact, I am not the only 30 something year old woman who will be there screaming her head off for these four guys I was the first to discover back in 6th grade in 1987-1988. I was the first girl to bring them to my school and tell my friends about them. No one knew who they were. I had seen their picture in a teen magazine and later that day saw them on MTV. I was hooked. I still have a box of memorabilia somewhere.
Who can say they have liked someone that long and still held out hope you would see them perform again?
I was crushed when they did that show a few years ago on VH1 about reuniting the band and Danny declined the invite. Of course the boyfriend laughed like a crazy man but I felt all the wind go out of my sails and almost lost that last glimmer of hope.
When I first heard they were going to be on the Today show earlier this year, I was transformed back into that giddy pre-teen I was 20 or so years ago. I check my DVR system daily to see if it can find any shows with them on it. I've seen them on the Today show twice recently and Rachel Ray as well. I was feeling just like those three girls who were competing for the Ultimate Fan. Deep down, I know I am the best fan!
It's great to feel 12 again, only 20 years later!!!!!

No comments: